Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 6:00 pm will be a Regular Department Board Meeting at Fire Station 371, 51501 W, Tonto St. Tonopah, Az 85354
2017 Fire Prevention Fair
Thank you to everyone that came out and joined our firefighters and staff at this years Fire Prevention Fair. It was a huge success and a great turn out. United Harquahala Firefighters Local 4677 raffled off some great prizes at the fair and wanted to congratulate all the winners and everyone who supported us with ticket purchases and the great company.
Thank you to Maricopa County, Aguila Fire, and AirEvac for coming out and joining us also.
Our Mission Statement:
The Harquahala Valley Fire District exists to serve the citizens and guests of our community, whenever needed. This is performed through prevention programs, assistance activities, and emergency operations.
Realizing this honor, our fire service family will only consist of superior professionals that are highly trained, caring, honest, and willing to sacrifice.
This will be accomplished in a cost-effective manner with maximum utilization of resources, realizing our greatest resource is our members. As such, we will strictly adhere to the Risk Management Profile and properly compensate and provide our members with the best work environment possible.
Professional Service with Honor.
2016 Fire Prevention BBQ @ FS 371
Thank you to all that attended this years Fire Prevention BBQ. We always enjoy catching up with the residents of the valley. With the holidays right around the corner please don’t forget your holiday safety around your home. Thank you also to everyone who may have donated items for our yearly raffle. Also, thank you to PHI Air Medical AirEvac 5 for stopping in like they do every year. Please feel free to contact our department with any questions you may have.
Summer Safety Tips:
- Before using a grill, check the connection between the propane tank and the fuel line. Make sure the venturi tubes – where the air and gas mix – are not blocked.
- Do not overfill the propane tank.
- Do not wear loose clothing while cooking at a barbecue.
- Be careful when using lighter fluid. Do not add fluid to an already lit fire because the flame can flashback up into the container and explode.
- Keep all matches and lighters away from children. Teach your children to report any loose matches or lighters to an adult immediately. Supervise children around outdoor grills.
- Dispose of hot coals properly – douse them with plenty of water, and stir them to ensure that the fire is out. Never place them in plastic, paper or wooden containers.
- Never grill/barbecue in enclosed areas – carbon monoxide could be produced.
- Make sure everyone knows to Stop, Drop and Roll in case a piece of clothing does catch fire. Call 911 or your local emergency number if a burn warrants serious medical attention.
- Build campfires where they will not spread, away from dry grass and leaves.
- Keep campfires small, and don’t let them get out of hand.
- Keep plenty of water and a shovel around to douse the fire when you’re done. Stir it and douse it again with water.
- Never leave campfires unattended.
(Click heading for printable version)
- Picking the tree
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
- Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2” from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
- Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of a recognized testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- After Christmas
- Get rid of the tree after Christmas or when it is dry. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home. Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer.
Click link above for more information